Tomb Raider Reborn

Tomb Raider Reborn
Image by Steamkittens

Saturday 9 August 2014

Product Review: Living Dead Clothing - Long Torso Swimsuit

It's no secret that I love Living Dead Clothing. I've already posted reviews/style guides for their Sailor Scout skater dresses. When I heard they were releasing Long Torso swimsuits, I was incredibly excited. I've always had curves, and while I'm okay with them, having an hourglass figure can make it difficult to buy clothes. You end up with tops that are constantly creeping up, showing your tummy, or you buy swimmers, only to have to keep pulling them up to avoid 'wardrobe malfunctions'.

As this was a trial release, there were only fifty swimsuits available. I think we were all a bit nervous when we sat down to place our orders. I went straight for the Chibi Zelda design, then hesitated and added a Sailor Venus skater to my cart (don't judge me, I'm collecting the whole set!). Sadly, by the time I got to the checkout, my swimsuit was gone. Gah!

I decided to try for my second favourite design, Muz Man. Success! Honestly, I would have been happy with any of the designs, as I was more concerned with being able to review the material and cut of the swimsuit.

Upon unwrapping my LDC care package, I was immediately inspired by the Muz Man print. It's far too cold to go swimming in Australia, but that doesn't mean I can't wear my swimsuit.

Flatlay featuring Muz Man LT Swim and RockStar Wigs Rainbow Bob.
All accessories are offbrand.

And so the time came to try on my new nylon treasure. Although I've been losing a lot of weight during my recovery, I'm still not quite back to the size I used to be, so I bought a large. I found it a little bit too tight around the thighs, and I wasn't one hundred per cent comfortable taking a photo in my swimsuit. Thankfully, my fellow Deadites came to my rescue.

Deadite, Bayah, showing us a comparison between her Zombie Oz Swim (Top)
and her Muz Reunion LT Swim (Bottom).

Having purchased one of the original LDC swimsuits, Bayah was able to give the most accurate review of the LT version.

"I find my Zombie Oz swimsuit a little on the small side. I have trouble keeping my boobs covered when I wear it," she says.

"The LT swimsuit is amazing. It gives me perfect boob coverage, so I don't have to keep pulling it up all the time."

Deadite, Yvette, looking lovely in her Mushroom LT Swim.

Boob coverage - while it sounds funny, it's super important. Sure, we might be body confident, but that doesn't mean we want to go around flashing our lady parts to the world. I mean, imagine if you're at the beach, or a theme park, surrounded by kids. The consensus seems to be that the LT swims offer a good amount of coverage, but allow for a small amount of cleavage. Hey, it's okay to look hot.

Deadite, Jessica, showing off her Space Invaders LT Swim.

So, what do we do while we wait for the weather to warm up? Bayah and Jess seem to have had the same idea as me. Although, I wouldn't recommend wearing too many layers, unless you're prepared for some awkward toilet time. Remember, it's not a bodysuit.



Look at me, trying to be a model.
The sun and I have a love/hate relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment