Tomb Raider Reborn

Tomb Raider Reborn
Image by Steamkittens

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Eevee Inspired Make Up: Umbreon

I never really understood the obsession with Pokemon - that is, until I got a Nintendo 3DS. I'd been meaning to get one for a while, but due to consistently being a responsible adult, I kept putting it off in order to make sure I could pay my bills. As I'm currently on extended medical leave from work, I thought it'd be a good time to give in. What better way to pass the time than writing about cosplay and playing video games?

My partner and I picked up a copy of X and Y about four weeks ago. Since then, I have literally become obsessed. When I found out EB Games had Eevee plushies, I decided I wanted a Sylveon and a Glaceon (you know, because of my current obsession with all things ice and snow - see Frozen Inspired Make Up). When I got home, I thought they looked a bit lonely, so I bought an Umbreon and an Espeon. And three days later, I felt terrible for splitting up a family, so I bought the rest.


After seeing them all lined up on the shelf, I figured they would make great inspirations for my next few make up pieces. So, on Saturday I began with Umbreon. I'll try and complete one each week until I've done them all, unless I need to order a wig or something to complete the outfit.



One day I will not fail at putting on false lashes. I've been told that the individual lashes are actually a lot easier to apply, but the full lash sets come in pretty patterns and have gems and stuff on them. I'm so conflicted! I also take back what I said about rhinestones being reusable (see Eurovision 2014). Unless you're prepared to sit there and meticulously remove every last scrap of glue, you'll end up with a giant sticky clump of rhinestones in your storage case. Sorry for the bad advice, but this blog is the journey of a beginner after all.


I'm becoming a lot more confident with liquid eyeliner, however I learned the hard way that it doesn't mix well with lenses. Shortly after application, I noticed my vision become hazy. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on, until I realised some eyeliner must have seeped into my eye. While not enough to cause me any pain, it was plenty to fog up my lenses. It went away eventually, but it made applying the rest of my make up difficult. I would advise having a cup of tea or something until the blurriness subsides.




Next week, I will be doing Espeon inspired make up. I can also see a Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox cosplay on the horizon. :)

NB I have no idea what happened, but either Blogger or my computer decided that my red lenses were supposed to be black. You can view the photos as they should look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment