Tomb Raider Reborn

Tomb Raider Reborn
Image by Steamkittens

Monday 23 June 2014

Eevee Inspired Make Up: Glaceon

Part of the reason I chose to create my Eevee inspired outfits was that I wanted to show my readers that it is possible to represent your fandoms with very limited resources. I was always going to make a tie for my Glaceon outfit, to match the diamond pattern on his ears, tail and back.

(I say his - Even though Pokemon technically come in both sexes, for some reason I've always seen the Eeveelutions as male, with the exception of Espeon. I don't mean this to be offensive to anyone.)

I also decided to use the leftover materials from the Sylveon hair bow. I will buy some better quality materials and work on a tutorial.

I tried a different eyelash glue this time around. I managed to do everything right and they went on perfectly, but the new glue doesn't seem to last as long, and I found myself pocketing my lashes in the middle of the craft store!










This last shot is my favourite. I was so self conscious to be out in public and posing for a photo shoot. I know I do it all the time at conventions, but alone in a shopping centre car park is very different!

Next weekend will be my last Eevee inspired outfit for a while, as I have to order a couple of wigs for Leafeon and Flareon. On the plus side, I will be able to post more about my Goa'uld cosplay for Oz Comic Con.

1 comment:

  1. What a great choice of location! You should totally hug the person who came up with that idea! :D

    ReplyDelete