Tomb Raider Reborn

Tomb Raider Reborn
Image by Steamkittens

Thursday 24 July 2014

Product Review: Living Dead Clothing - Sailor Scout Skater Dresses (Part 2)

Two episodes in and I'm absolutely loving the animation for Sailor Moon Crystal. My only issue is with Usagi's transformation sequence - her limbs look like spaghetti. Still, her hair and facial features are stunning, and Ami/Sailor Mercury is adorable.


I'm also watching the original series every Monday on Hulu. While it was nice to have some extra episodes in between the main story arc, as an adult I can see that most of it was pointless filler.

I'm still going to watch it though!


As promised, I have once again enlisted the help of my fellow Deadites, this time to show off some of the Outer Senshi skater dresses that were released earlier this month.

Gold Coast girl Rhian Alyssa chose Chibi Moon as her first skater, having cosplayed the character before.

"I was excited to have an outfit that I could wear whenever I want, and not just at conventions," she says.


For her first look, she pairs her Chibi Moon skater with pink platforms and black cat tights (to represent Luna P). These particular tights came from a market, but you can find several variations online.

Here are some of my favourites:


Rhian was kind enough to create a flat-lay for when the weather warms up. The Lolita shoes can be found at My Lolita Dress. The floral hair pieces are her own creations. While she's working on getting her store up and running, you can contact her through her Facebook page.


Las Vegas lass Emily chose Sailor Pluto as her first skater because she relates to the character's solitude and independence.

"I was so excited to finally get one of these dresses. The colours stand out and they compliment each other beautifully," she says.


"Fashion for me is self expression. I have always adored cosplay and I'm working on collecting more accessories and a sewing machine so I can make my own outfits."

Emily pairs her Pluto skater with simple, dark make up and her Infinity bracelet, which represents reincarnation and continuity.


Lastly (at least for now), I chose to purchase the Sailor Neptune skater this time around. Unlike Mars, who I kind of accidentally fell in love with (see my previous review), I chose Neptune for deeper reasons. I love her relationship with fellow Scout Haruka/Uranus. I think it's a shame that many countries chose to cover up or downplay their relationship in order to avoid controversy. (I might rant about that at a later date though.)


There was almost dissent in the ranks when the first images of the Outer Senshi dresses were released. A few Deadites (myself included) were concerned that the colours used for the Neptune skater were not entirely accurate. However, after a bit of discussion and a quick Google search, I was satisfied that the colours were correct. I think the problem is that there is so much fan art online, it's easy to confuse a copy for the real thing.


I wanted to stick with the ocean theme, so I chose to wear a few pearl bracelets and a matching necklace. I also wanted to incorporate my Inventoria Designs octopus brooch, but I couldn't bring myself to pin it on the dress. Instead, I attached it to a spare ball chain I had lying around. I wasn't entirely happy with the way it looked, so I'll probably wear it properly next time. I'm sure if I pin it carefully, it'll be okay.

The wig is Gothic Lolita Wigs' Baby Dollight in chocolate brown, minus the ponytails. I wanted a hairstyle that matched Michiru's, without having to order a green wig. I like the challenge of styling these dresses without turning them into cosplays.


I took these photos down by the pond (swamp) near my complex. I didn't notice it when I wore my Mars skater, but the fabric looks amazing when it moves in the breeze.

I've ordered a Sailor Venus skater (along with a long torso swimsuit, which I can hopefully convince my Deadite family to help me review in a couple of weeks) so I will add a style guide to part one of my review once it arrives.

In the meantime, I'm working on a Queen Beryl cosplay and a Tuxedo Mask cosplay for Gold Coast Supanova next year. I'm also working on a Biker Gang Sailor Venus for Brisbane Supanova in November. Sometimes I wish my brain would be quiet and let me rest. :) xo


*** UPDATE ***


Deadite Jaycee received her LDC care package a little bit later than everyone else, but every Deadite is important to the family, so I just had to add her to the article.


Her Crescent Moon Wand necklace is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment